They just keep coming. Wave after wave of apples from the fall portion of the summer farm-share.
Here’s the collection of recipes stocked against future apple attacks.
- Apple Pie #1: Sour Cream Apple Pie
- Apple Pie #2: Structural-Integrity-Apples Apple Pie
- Apple Pie #3: Cheddar Apple Skillet Pie (at the bottom of the page is the skillet variation)
- Apple Pie #4: Caramel Apple Pie
- Apple Pie #5: Alton Brown’s Super Apple Pie (Track down the good eats episode on youtube if you haven’t seen it. I must buy a fluted tart pan and pie bird next time.)
- Apple Cake (bakes for 1 1/2 hours, but makes the house smell wonderful in recompense for lost time)
- Apple Butter in a Crock Pot (2 jars for us, several more for holiday gifts)
- Crab Apple Liqeur (let this sit on the counter for a couple of weeks after straining before consuming: it gets nicer)
- Caramel Apples (video…do this recipe with Lady Apples, then dip in chocolate)
- Apple Rosemary Turnovers
- The Apple Pancake (Dutch Baby)
- Apple Buttermilk Muffins
Also, we learned that a bushel of apples is about 9 1/2 gallons of apples, so you should never bet anyone a bushel of apples for any reason. Neither the winner nor the loser will be happy with the arrangement.
What do you do with your apples?